Monday, October 20, 6:30 PM
No matter how long it's been since your loved one died, grief can make the holidays a painful time. But there's hope. Join us Monday, October 20, at 6:30 OM for an encouraging seminar that will help you survive the holidays and discover new reasons to enjoy them again. Contact Joyce Erwin, 826-6749, or Evelyn Seaton, 831-7791, to pre-register.
Please consider leading a student discipleship group, Cultivate, for our students in grades 7-12. Be part of God's blessing in helping shape the beliefs of our students. Contact Tim Harless at Tim.Harless@fbcmoore.org
Mike Denton, Lynn Longstreet, Jose Amaya and Gabriel Bacerra from Nicaragua and Stu Tully from Paraguay!
Pack Supplies for Shipment from the Nicaragua 2015 Mission Trip
From 6:30-8:30, on Mondays the rest of this month and through November, we will pack supplies for the 2015 Nicaragua mission trip. Join us!
Remember the Malones in Ukraine!
Chris, Mary and the kids are hard at work doing their "thing" in Ukraine, so don't forget to pray for them and give to their support! They are totally dependent on our designated gifts through the church. September gifts were about $2,000 short of what they need each month! PRAY and give as He lays it upon your heart! Pray too, for our own Katie Redman who is interning with the Malones and will return home next month. To keep up with what's happening, go to www.malonesinukraine.com
The Backpack Project
Another worthy project in which we have participated in recent years that provides a Christmas to less fortunate children in the Metro OKC area. Sponsor a backpack for $25 and it will be filled on your behalf with goodies like a warm hat, blanket, gloves and a toy. They receive their backpacks at a Christmas party just for them. For some, this is their only Christmas. The project begins today in the foyer of the Event Center Desk (with Angel Tree and Operation Christmas Child).
Prison Ministry Fellowship
We have participated in this valuable ministry for several years. It provides Christmas gifts to the children of incarcerated parents. A Christmas tree with the names of specific children will be outside the Event Center Desk (west entrance to the Choir Room) for the next several Sundays.
Samaritan’s Purse International Relief
It's the goal of Samaritan's Purse to collect 100 million shoeboxes to be distributed to the children around the world...from the shoebox, to the Bible, to God. This year we join our Children's Ministry in this project.
- Lifegroups, we have more shoeboxes and they can be picked up Sunday, and the two following Sundays at the Event Center Desk just outside the west entrance to the Choir Room.
- This project is being done through our Lifegroups. Don't have one yet? Join up TODAY and be part of this project. The LifeGroup directors will collect $7 per shoebox, the cost of shipping, and get it to Bill Vanbuskirk, Doug Dees or Gloria Nunn by November 9.
- On November 9, we will ask you to bring the prepared shoe boxes to a designated area. Decorate the top and bottom of the box separately so that the lid can be removed. No liquids or meltables.
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you need more information.
If you would like to print your own mailing labels
Sponsored by the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma Monday, October 20, 9:30-3:30 pm. Hosted by our church in our Atrium. In this time of godlessness, immorality, violence, way earthquakes, floods, racial strife, church closings, and spiritual apathy, just to make a part of what's happening in our world, we need to pray. Lef by Dr. Anthony Jordan and the State Convention President, Nick Garland. There will be no program, training sessions or videos ABOUT prayer, just prayer! That is the agenda. Please join them anytime throughout the day from 9:30 to 3:30.
- Thursday, October 9 - The monthly ministry to Meadowlake Estates at 6:00 PM. Meet at Meadowlake.
- Sunday, October 12- Monthly Singles Luncheon at 12:00 noon in the Fellowship Center
- Friday, Oberter 17 - Friday Night Life for Him returns! Dinner begins at 6:30 in the Atrium. Questions? Call the Singles Office, 793-2646
- Singles Fall Retreat Deadline to sign up is October 19th!Friday & Saturday, October 24 &25 at Falls Creek. Sign up in your Lifegroup!